The layout of a diagram can be modified in a number of ways, either by dragging elements around the diagram canvas or by using keyboard shortcuts and toolbar buttons.
There are a number of toolbar buttons that become enabled when you multi-select elements, which you can do by
Shift key while clicking an element, or by using the lasso tool.
The following buttons allow you to align all selected elements with reference to the first element that was selected.
- Align selected elements left.
- Align selected elements centre.
- Align selected elements right.
- Align selected elements top.
- Align selected elements middle.
- Align selected elements bottom.
You can also horizontally and vertically centre the selected elements on the diagram canvas.
- Centre selected elements.
Finally, selected elements can be evenly distributed using the following buttons.
- Distribute selected elements horizontally.
- Distribute selected elements vertically.
By default, all links between elements are straight lines. You can add vertices onto a link by clicking the mouse on the link. The vertex can be moved by dragging the red circle, and removed by clicking the cross.
Moving the mouse cursor over a link will highlight that link. While highlighted, the
up arrow and
down arrow keys can be used to move the positioning of the label,
r key will toggle the routing algorithm between direct and orthogonal.
Other buttons related to diagram layout are as follows.
- Undo previous layout changes.
- Bring elements back onto the diagram (this is useful when you resize the diagram canvas to make it smaller).
- Open the automatic layout modal.