The layout of a diagram can be modified in a number of ways, the simplest of which is to drag the boxes around on the diagram canvas using the mouse.
By default, all links between elements are straight lines. You can add vertices onto a link by clicking the mouse on the link. The vertex can be moved by dragging the red circle, and removed by clicking the cross.
There are a number of toolbar buttons that become enabled when you multi-select elements, which you can do by
Shift key while clicking an element.
The following buttons allow you to align all selected elements with reference to the first element that was selected.
- Align selected elements left.
- Align selected elements centre.
- Align selected elements right.
- Align selected elements top.
- Align selected elements middle.
- Align selected elements bottom.
You can also horizontally and vertically centre the selected elements on the diagram canvas.
- Centre selected elements.
Selected elements can be evenly distributed using the following buttons.
- Distribute selected elements horizontally.
- Distribute selected elements vertically.
Other buttons related to diagram layout are as follows.
- Undo previous layout changes.
- Bring elements back onto the diagram (this is useful when you resize the diagram canvas to make it smaller).