Cloud service software architecture
This page provides a short overview of the cloud service, from a software architecture perspective.
Structurizr is a collection of web-based tooling for the creation and publication of software architecture models. It makes use of a number of other cloud-based services including:
- SendGrid - used for sending e-mails.
- Taxamo - provides services related to EU VAT calculation and payment information capture.
- Braintree Payments - a validated Level 1 PCI DSS compliant service provider, used for payment processing.
- Papertrail - used for application logging.
- Pingdom - used for application uptime monitoring.
In summary, Structurizr consists of two server-side Java/Spring MVC applications
api.structurizr.com, and one hosting
with data being stored in a combination of a MySQL database and Amazon S3.
Structurizr is deployed using a number of cloud-based services including:
- Pivotal Web Services (and Cloud Foundry) - used for application hosting.
- Amazon RDS - used for data storage (users, workspace metadata, etc).
- Amazon S3 - used to store your workspace, and the PNG versions of diagrams.
- Redis - used for HTTP session storage.
- CloudFlare - used for DNS, routing and SSL services (not shown).